Friday, January 16, 2009

I remain forever yours!

Dearest one of them all!
Its been a fortnight since I took that fall...
a fall into a never imagined world.
one that couldnt have been any but yours.

A thousand brush strokes of love,
multiple harps playing from cupid's loft,
and a swan waiting to take me across,
was how I awoke that dawn!

hmmm...I still remember the cool breeze,
which seemed to flow with ease...
across a crystal lake, sparkle replete.
Hmmm..what splendour indeed!

Across I went to the other side!
gazin into the lake at the reflection of the sky,
time stood still as I passed by!
my my what a joyous ride!

Alightin off the wings of the swan,
cupid met me with the sweetest song...
"with the birth of this splendid dawn...
love today is now reborn.

By the strings of my golden bow,
and the inscription on its arrows,
I have never seen love glow so.
This has to be love's own soul."

Without another word, Cupid turned.
Singin: "Clearly, my respect has been earned.
An indelible mark has been burnt;
a rare lesson forever learnt.

The right to love, to each his own.
In ages gone past a right I'd bestowed.
But this dawn a miracle am shown.
Some flowers do blossom on their own."

Lost in the wake of Cupid's singin,
I felt my life was takin on new meanin.
how right I was considering what am now feelin.
This is indeed a new dawn, a new beginnin!

As we arrived our journey's end,
Cupid's singin took a new bend:
"Where art thou oh! most desired by Men?
You on whom's biddin my energy is spent.

I have found thee of whom you spoke of,
a mortal who posseses the soul of love.
I knew it to be him as i descended from above,
and searched the earth for He that you spoke of.

He is your's if you would but show yourself,
stunnin him with that inner beauty that is your wealth,
and outter beauty that has no equal on the earth,
even in this world of Kings, Dragons, Demons and elves!"

Then you graced us with your presence.
Hmmmm....even now writin to you I feel your essence.
My world and your world an insignificant distance,
as if we were together this very instance.

I that had promised never to love again,
knew it was a lie but not knowin when.
You that had seen all sorts now and then,
lived for the day Cupid will bring no more Men.

That day had dawned for both of us.
love had found its home, a place it could trust.
a place with no room for need based on lust,
but a place that indeed was the very essence of US.

We spent what seemed like an eternity together,
till Cupid came and said, "Nothin lasts forever.
He must return oh! fair one returnin never.
and you cannot follow him, your world's apart forever."

Your love for each other is the essence others draw from.
The merging of your hearts is a lesson to learn from.
The reasons you give one another, a world to build on.
This love is Love's beginnin and end: It cant go on."

Then, listenin to our hearts, love's guardian spoke:
"There is a way, one which doth bring hope.
To stay alone and love no one, you both,
till a time when I call on thee, a difficult oath.

Yet, if this oath be kept, till when I call,
your love shall be allowed to stand tall,
conquering your worlds, conquering all.
A difficult choice, but one that is yours."

With tears in our eyes, our decision was made.
An eternity apart, a small price to be paid.
I shall wait no matter how many nights and days.
writin to you all those nights, all those days.

I shall save the letters till we meet my love.
The oath we took is solid...solid as a rock.
Cupid better keep his promise oh God!
Meanwhile, I remain forever yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment